Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MEASUREMENT 2 [QSB1124]

Measurement 2

Lecturer: Habizah Sheikh IImi

Reflection

For measurement 2, there are four learning outcomes. Towards the end of this module, I am able to interpret the clauses in the Standard Method of Measurement (SMM2) and adopt a systematic approach to take off quantities from drawing for brickworks, stud partitions, staircase structure, staircase finishes and balustrading, floor, wall and ceiling finishes and precast concrete piling. Besides that, I am able to illustrate differences in writing up the descriptions in accordance to design changes for brickworks, stud partitions, staircase structure, staircase finishes and balustrading, floor, wall and ceiling finishes and precast concrete piling. Then, I am able to produce measurement for the items too. Apart from that, I am also able to competently carry out the preparation of the Bill of Quantities.

In my opinion, it is very important for us to attend all the lectures and tutorial class in order to achieve the learning outcomes. Not only that, activities like assignment and tutorial works given should be complete it.

In week 9, Miss Habizah had give us a mid term test for us. In my point of view, test given is a benefits for us as we are able to know the format of the exam so that we will get use to it in the final. Then, it is good for us to recall back the chapters that we had learnt past few weeks.

After that, assignment was given too. We are divided into groups and the work is distributed accordingly. I am very happy with my group members as they are very helpful and kind. All of us are able to due our assignment work on time too.Through this assignment, I am able to produce measurement for for brickworks, stud partitions, staircase structure, staircase finishes and balustrading, floor, wall and ceiling finishes and precast concrete piling.

Lastly I would like to thanks Miss Habizah teaching us Measurement 2 throughout my semester 2.





No comments:

Post a Comment