Thursday, June 26, 2014

Building Services 2 [QSB 2714]

Building Services 2

Lecturer: Mr Kam Kenn Jhun

For this module, the topics i learnt are mechanical air-conditioning systems (HVAC, heating, ventilation, fans, calculations, air-conditioning, types of refrigeration, zoning, controls and ducting), fire protection system, vertical transportation and also electrical supply.

The objectives of the module are:
1. To create awareness and understanding of the principles of service systems in a               building.

2. To introduce various building services system that are available and the limitation of choices - the services considered are air-conditioning system, fire protection system,  vertical transport like lift and escalator, and electricity.

3. To apply our understanding and knowledge for our preparation of the Bills of Quantities and for estimating purposes.

Taylor's Graduate Capabilities (TGC)
After learning this subject, I realised I have developed some of the TGC's.

1.Discipline Specific Knowledge
- I am able to understand the theories and apply it.

2. Lifelong Learning
- I am able to learn independently and effectively locate, extract, synthesize and utilised information

3. Interpersonal Skills
-Group assignments made me understand team dynamics and the importance of teamworks


In this module, we were given one group assignment. My group members and I had chosen The Mines Shopping Mall as our assignment topic. This group assignment had give us a better understanding on this module. Mr Kam had taught us patiently in this module and provide us notes. I hope that i could get a good grade for the final exam. Lastly I would like to thank Mr Kam for teaching us throughout semester 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment